Building a home in Baja California Sur
If you already fell in love with Baja California Sur but have not decided on the property that best fits your lifestyle, have you considered building to your needs? The keen advantage of building is that you get exactly what you want in every aspect.
Here are our top 5 reasons to build your Baja dream home:
1. No cookie-cutter: You can go as minimalistic or as innovative as you wish
2. Cost efficient: You will definitely be in the know and will ultimately better control the qualities and choice of the building materials
3. One Step ahead: Should you chose to rent/sell your property once it is completed, a financial model can be worked out with all the different scenarios and what the return on your investment will look like
4. That NEW Smell! A new house comes with warranties as well as the utmost satisfaction of having everything brand new.
5. Proximity: And since Baja California Sur is located within a few hours flight from the United States, Canada and mainland Mexico, you can visit the progress as often as you like while using the perfect excuse to spend a couple of days by the beach!
The process is simple: you start by choosing the location and narrow it down to the community that best accommodates your lifestyle. Several communities, such as Pedregal in Cabo San Lucas and La Paz, Las Lomas Residencial in La Ribera, Puerto Los Cabos in San Jose and many more throughout Baja, have guidelines and regulations to protect and to encourage harmonized view of the residences.
And because we understand the importance of choosing the right Architect and Builder, here are the top three things to consider:
• Reputation & Esthetics. We advise you to take the time to visit the properties that most appeal to you and talk to their architects to see what their designing approach is and what their advice and proposal are. Remember, a good architect will listen to your needs and specifications but will make recommendations based on their experience, the terrain you are about to build on and other relevant factors.
• Budgeting & time frame. It is important that you set a budget and a timeframe to work with, always allowing a 20% more in case of incidentals.
• Legal advisory. A legal document will protect you and the architect and will avoid any misunderstandings in the future.
Your favorite real estate advisor in Baja California Sur can help select the best lot for your project: oceanfront, ocean view, within a private community, off the grid… and when it comes to building, as real estate professional, I’d like to present you Riveras Building by MCA – an award winning design services company offering precise cost estimation and project management for new construction or remodeling ventures in Baja California Sur. Riveras Building prides in offering plenty of market knowledge and as their client, you will receive excellent communication and follow up, so you only have to worry about when the house warming party of your new home will be!
For more information about building in Baja, construction regulations and architect recommendations, send Riveras Building’ General Manager Architect Fernando Felix an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and allow us show you why we are the local experts when it comes to building in Baja California Sur.