To List or not to List, That IS the Question
Congratulations! You have taken the decision to SELL your Home / Property here in Baja California Sur, Mexico.
In order to further your decision of hiring an experienced Coldwell Banker Riveras Realtor to assist you, we’ve created your “Pros and Cons” list for you:
If you work with an agent
- You sign a Service Agreement, which is a legally binding document that typically gives the agent the exclusive right to sell your property within a certain period of time (usually 12 to 18 months).
- The agent researches the market in order to determine your home’s actual market value and reach a sales price in consultation with you.
- The agent prepares a written marketing plan that includes a schedule for listing, showing, and advertising your property.
- The agent advises you on how best to prepare your home for sale and helps arrange for pre-sale tasks.
- The agent transmits any offers to you, negotiates the purchase based on your recommendations, and moves all the paperwork through the proper channels all the way to closing the transaction.
- The agent stays in constant communication with the buyer and/or the buyer’s agent in order to keep you informed of ongoing contingencies, conditions, deadlines, possible snags, time frames and finally, addressing each situation as it comes along to properly close the sale of your property.
- Once your transaction has closed (and only then) you pay for the listing agent’s services. This is a percentage commission previously agreed upon and stated in your Service Agreement (usually 8 to 12 percent).
If you work alone
- You are in charge of the transaction, including marketing your property, negotiating the purchase, and handling the paperwork. Educate yourself on relevant federal laws and state regulations governing real estate sales.
- You do your own market research (including possibly hiring an appraiser at a cost) to determine your home’s value.
- You create your own marketing plan and decide how you will handle inquiries from prospective buyers or their agents.
- You decide how to prepare your home for sale, including arranging for pre-sale repairs, inspections, or other necessary services.
- You field all buyer inquiries, make your own appointments, show the house yourself, advertise and hold your own Open Houses, handle all negotiations, and move the paperwork through the proper channels all the way to closing the transaction.
- You inform the buyer any ongoing contingencies, conditions, deadlines, possible snags, time frames and finally, you will address each situation as it comes along prior the closing of the deal.
- You may also pay for services you require during the transaction, such as legal advice or help negotiating the contract.
- And all this, during your regular schedule and work week.
To List or Not to List, there’s your answer.
For more information about Coldwell Banker real estate services and Baja California Sur news, call us to + 52 (624) 143.1342 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org